signed letter of intent & got refused!!!

Discuss about the Residency Match process - applications, interviews, visas, medical school transcripts, residency programs, ECFMG certificate, match strategies and post-match scramble. Meet current Residents & Fellows here and network for Residency placement. Post your opinion on specific residency programs.

Postby archrajrao » 20 May 2004, 21:11

Nope. Am still looking, emailing... most programs have replied asking me to apply through ERAS for 2005!
archrajrao
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

I know what you're going through

Postby To-b-or-die » 21 May 2004, 17:45

Hi there archrajrao! I am too looking for an ObGyn residency after being left out to dry by a post match pseudo-offer :cry: Nevertheless I am doing all I can to see if I can land something before July.
On the ACOG CREOG clearinghouse I can only see that position at Lenox Hill, but even though its a PGY 1, they require a year of OBGYN residency?!? Can you believe that!! I mean will ALL the PGY2 positions listed there who intheir right mind would do a PGY1 again?!? I don't get it. Anyway I wish u good luck, and hope a lot of people have problems with their visas :twisted: Sad but that is what desperation does to people :roll:
To-b-or-die

Postby archrajrao » 21 May 2004, 18:39

:lol: :lol: well.. i keep praying too that i somehow, somewhere get a PG Y 1 position too... tho' don't wish illwill to anyone.. but maybe some programs got an unexpected increase in their quota or someone drops out 'cos they don't like obgyn anymore.... whatever!!!
I guess the Lenox hill people are looking for someone who has done their prelim position...& since its a univ program, there are some who wudn't mind repeating their first year!!!
Anyways, all the best!!!! If u come across anything after u get a post.. lemme know!!!
archrajrao
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

Postby To-be-or-die » 21 May 2004, 19:29

I must tell you: They day they took my position away because "suddenly a US grad became available", I cried like a baby (bear in mind, I am a manly latino dude).
Anyway you are a better person than i am! :oops:
I am sure the picture will improve for both of us within the next few weeks. How do I know? Because it simply can't get worse than this! :wink: Is it hard for you to turn your computer off too? Are you checking your email every 2 minutes expecting for that sweet email:"a position has become available , fax us your materials" I know I am and it is driving me INSANE :x Well at least we have these forums to blow off some steam.
To-be-or-die

Postby archrajrao » 21 May 2004, 19:43

yaaaaaa... i check the damn site every half an hour!!! & my emails too... hoping some program has replied!!!! Do you think its a good idea to register with find a resident? I still haven't 'cos i don't want to send more money down the drain... :) I spent nearly about 200 bucks sending faxes during scramble 'cos friend's fax machine didn't work & i ended up going to Kinko's!!! For all you guys who are planning to scramble next year, invest in a good fax machine and get a long distance line!! Its worth it!
Anyways, all the best! E mail me if u get any leads!!! ( if more than 1 position available!!!) :lol:
archrajrao
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

Postby To-b-or-die » 22 May 2004, 05:37

Well, I've using findaresident for 2 months now, and has not helped me at all! :x But if you have the $45 bucks (I think thats the price...) you should join, just so you have another site to check and kill some time that way :lol:
Right now they only have 2 PGY1 psych positions, to which I aplied and never heard of them.
The Pgy1 in surgery are preliminary and require that you have a designated PGY2 for next year.
The PGY1 in orthopedics is a research position and they want you to have a surgery internship already :shock:
And that's pretty much what they have right now.
But like I said as a hobby you can register and have fun with it.
I'll keep you posted!
To-b-or-die

Postby archrajrao » 22 May 2004, 06:58

ok.. will apply then.. what do i have to lose other than 45$ !!!!Will do it tomorrow. All the best for ur search... hope u get something soon...
archrajrao
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

any advice on out of match pre-,match

Postby gomus » 09 Sep 2004, 20:21

any advice on out of match pre-,match
gomus

wow bad things in residency programs

Postby sujaa » 15 Nov 2004, 12:18

wow..I didnt know such thing can happen...
sujaa

residency

Postby residency333 » 17 Nov 2005, 19:27

Yup, such things and more do happen....all the time, you just dont hear about it.
residency333

are you in a residency now?

Postby Residency 2007 » 05 Sep 2006, 21:48

Archana,

are you in a residency now?
Residency 2007
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

residency

Postby Residency 2007 » 16 Jan 2007, 17:54

Archana,

Are you in residency now??